Maintenance Technician (Second Shift)
Silva International Careers
We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to work independently to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues while performing preventative/routine maintenance tasks on plant production machinery, building, and equipment. Expectation for quality repairs to be performed with limited down time. The hours for this position are typically 3:30pm-1:00am.
- Repair, Troubleshoot and Maintain condition and performance of plant, property, machinery, and equipment at all locations.
- Support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues).
- Perform mechanical, electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and validate work performed.
- Ensure safety by following all company policies including safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), FDA Standards, personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
- Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Maintain records of work performed, work orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all departments.
- Assist with equipment change overs and line startups, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Identify required parts, as needed and reorder.
- Assure that all products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement, also provides suggestions to improve processes and participates on team projects.
- Able to maintain, troubleshoot and install bearings, seals and gaskets, compressed air systems and basic plumbing/piping, align gearboxes, sprocket/chains, belts, bearings, conveyors, and belting.
- Knowledge of use all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop tools, etc.
- Able to identify and use basic measuring tools for mechanical repair. ( ex. Tape measures, calipers )
- Able to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through verbal communication.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment on assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision the status of each as needed.
- Able to demonstrate practical problem-solving skills.
- Complete repairs and maintenance effectively and efficiently to maintain high level of equipment performance and safety with limited down time.
- Perform tasks in accordance with proven skill levels as directed by Maintenance Manager.
- Work cooperatively with production staff to accomplish tasks and achieve departmental goals.
- Maintain property, plant, and equipment to support and improve the safe production and performance of the operations.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and resolve mechanical issues efficiently, effectively, safely and cost effectively.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Lifting up to 70 lbs. without restriction
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Operating production and support equipment (production lines, forklifts, scissor lift, power tools)
- Bending and stooping
- Extended periods of time being on your feet
- 5 years of production equipment maintenance experience.
- Extended mechanical and electrical training and experience.
- Organizational, interpersonal, communications, analytical and problem solving
This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan with generous employer match.
Please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to [email protected].
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer