Mid-Shift Production Superintendent
The Production Superintendent will be responsible to provide leadership, management and supervision of all phases of production floor operations, at all production facilities, including: safety, production, quality control, maintenance and staffing. The Production Superintendent will work closely with the production team to maximize productivity and efficiency to achieve departmental goals, while maintaining a safe work environment and preserving food quality. The Production Superintendent will work with the Plant Operations Manager to develop, implement, and monitor the production department goals. The hours for this position are 11am-9pm.
- Provide Leadership for the successful day to day operation of the production facilities.
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to ensure that all safety programs are being communicated and reinforced, so that all departmental personnel are aware of safety polices to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Work closely with the Production Supervisors to review production schedules for all production rooms to ensure that order requirements are met while maintaining the highest efficiency possible.
- Identify production constraints and work to remove them from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Monitor and report daily production rates.
- Work closely with the Quality Control department to review product quality, consistency and to confirm adherence to specification.
- Work closely with the Maintenance department to schedule PM time, process improvement, and identification of equipment requiring immediate attention.
- Provide coaching and guidance to all production operations employees.
- Conduct performance reviews
- Review and issue employee disciplinary notices for production staff.
- Work with production team, facility maintenance, and quality team to maintain production facility to “audit ready” standards
- Lead Special Projects / Initiatives in the Production Facilities as directed.
- 2-4 years of prior management experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer college degree or coursework.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Six-Sigma and Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
This is a full-time position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan. Email resume to [email protected] or apply online.