Production Superintendent – 2nd Shift
We are seeking to add an experienced bilingual (Spanish) Production Superintendent to lead (coach) production teams on our 2nd shift.
SUMMARY: The Product Superintendent is responsible for the efficient production of high-quality product in our dehydrated vegetable processing facility while ensuring employee safety, food safety and quality standards. The ideal candidate will coach and empower associates to hit key performance indicators while promoting (and leading by example) a culture of integrity and respectfulness.
The ideal candidate will: have experience facilitating pre-shift production meetings; have experience in food manufacturing with some familiarity of inventory management; be a team player; have solid interpersonal skills; and, thrive in a continuous improvement environment.
- Supervise, lead, coach, and mentor a team of three supervisors and 40-60 employees.
- Utilize lean principles to implement continuous improvement methodologies to make improvements in safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Ensure quality product is being produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and down time.
- Facilitate pre-shift meetings and short interval control (huddle) meetings with associates.
- Manage, evaluate, and train staff by coaching, conducting performance appraisals, administering corrective action, training, and development by on-the-job programs.
- Coordinate of production scheduling with production schedulers and 1st shift superintendent.
- Ensure label control in production rooms.
- Manage screen, impeller, stitch yarn, sieve screens, and packaging materials inventories.
- Maintain and / or verify all required production documentation.
- Monitor production schedules to ensure raw material is available and staged prior to production room demand.
- 2-4 years of prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are required.
- College degree or coursework, preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing principles, preferred.
Silva International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions.
You may apply online or send a résumé to [email protected].