Production Superintendent (Second Shift)
The Production Superintendent will be responsible to provide leadership, management and supervision of all phases of production floor operations, at all production facilities, including: safety, production, quality control, maintenance and staffing. The second shift Superintendent will work closely with the second shift production team to maximize productivity and efficiency to achieve departmental goals, while maintaining a safe work environment and preserving food quality. The second shift Production Superintendent will work with the Plant Operations Manager to develop, implement, and monitor the production department goals.
- Provide leadership for the successful day to day operation of the production facilities.
- Work closely with the Safety Manager to ensure that all safety programs are being communicated and reinforced, so that all departmental personnel are aware of safety polices to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Work closely with the Production Supervisors to review production schedules for all production rooms to ensure that order requirements are met while maintaining the highest efficiency possible.
- Identify production constraints and work to remove them from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Monitor and report daily production rates.
- Work closely with the Quality Control department to review product quality, consistency and to confirm adherence to specification.
- Work closely with the Maintenance department to schedule PM time, process improvement, and identification of equipment requiring immediate attention.
- Provide coaching and guidance to all production operations employees.
- Conduct performance reviews
- Review and issue employee disciplinary notices for production staff.
- Work with production team, facility maintenance, and quality team to maintain production facility to “audit ready” standards
- Lead Special Projects / Initiatives in the Production Facilities as directed.
- 2-4 years of prior management experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer college degree or coursework.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Six-Sigma and Lean manufacturing principles experience preferred.
This is a full-time position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan.
To apply, please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to [email protected].