We are seeking a full-time safety manager to enforce Environmental Health and Safety Guidelines and maintain safety programs. The safety manager leads safety training and develops safety toolbox talks for supervisors; designs effective methods of measuring safety standards in the workplace; and, conducts safety audits on a routine basis.
Candidates will need an associate’s or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Environmental Health & Safety or related field. OSHA Certification and bilingual (Spanish) skills are preferred, along with strong personal, verbal, written, organizational, and communicative skills.
- Train employees on safety procedures.
- Design methods for appraising safety conditions in warehouses, factories, or offices.
- Inspect working conditions to ensure all products and activities are compliant with safety guidelines.
- Oversee use of dangerous chemicals and machinery.
- Write up reports detailing inspection process.
- Suggest revisions to production methods and employee activity that does not meet health and safety codes.
- Recall defective and unsafe products and machinery.
- Order safety PPE for workplace.
- Stay up-to-date on new state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Run emergency drills to gauge employee readiness.
- Consult with Safety Steering Committee regarding the implementation of new safety procedures.
- Address any workplace-related health issues and accidents.
- Develop corrective action plans with Safety Steering Committee.
- Work alongside managers/employees on EHS issues.
- Process workers compensation documentation.
- Write and revise company safety programs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of state and federal safety guidelines for the workplace.
- Able to read and interpret dense legal and federal OHSA documents.
- Demonstrates familiarity with job site machinery and products.
- Possesses strong leadership skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively and pays close attention to detail.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and strong writing skills.
- Demonstrates ability to remain calm and cool-headed in the event of an emergency.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401K retirement plan.
Please upload a resumé online, send a resumé to [email protected] or Silva International, Inc., 523 N. Ash Street, Momence, IL 60954 or call 815-472-3535 x59.