Continuous Improvement Manager
Silva International Careers
Continuous Improvement Manager will collaborate with functional leadership to identify and select processes or projects for inclusion in the organization’s continuous improvement initiative. CI Manager will evaluate existing processes and identify opportunities for employee safety, quality, and efficiency improvements. CI Manager will develop and monitor the implementation of process changes to drive productivity improvement, profitability increases, and reduction in waste.
- Ensure Compliance with Plant Safety requirements.
- Work closely and provide assistance on complex technical topics with all Operations departments to improve Employee Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Costs.
- Lead company’s Continuous Improvement Program.
- Review company’s business processes for enhancing effectiveness and benchmark with Industry Best Practice.
- Offer technical expertise to company on statistics, lean Six Sigma methodology, tools, and practices.
- Assess processes and set up continuous improvement techniques for performance optimization.
- Assist departmental improvements.
- Set up standard work on best practices and update system on identified enhancements.
- Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets.
- Lead continuous improvement project teams on strategic projects within plant operations.
- Lead team meetings, document clear actions and enable timeline achievement.
- Handle information with parties during feedback sharing and drive enhancements.
- Works with Operations team to develop Capital Expenditure budget and return on investment calculations.
- Work closely with equipment vendors in support of process improvements and execution of Capital Expenditure projects.
- Work closely with Department Heads on execution of strategic initiatives.
- Train and mentor on Lean concepts to employees throughout organization.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment and applicable experience in technical, operations, engineering positions, business, and management experience.
- Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills.
- Understand mechanical concepts and processes easily.
- Proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot production processes.
- Able to work irregular or extended hours as needed to support large projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Degree in engineering or technical field
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Standard office environment
- Standard manufacturing environment with some stairs
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Bending and stooping
- Extended periods of being on your feet
This is a full-time, salary position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan with generous employer match.
To apply, please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to [email protected].
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer