Maintenance Supervisor (Second Shift)
Silva International Careers
We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Supervisor (second shift), who is responsible for maintaining systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts; supervising and training staff.
- Lead assigned Maintenance staff to address machine failure and complete work orders for scheduled maintenance with minimal downtime.
- Provide leadership and supervise the activities of the maintenance team ensuring efficient scheduling and prioritizing of workload.
- Train and coach team members towards continuous improvement and engagement.
- Coordinate shift changeover communications with maintenance leads and technicians from other shifts.
- Repair, troubleshoot, and maintain the condition and performance of plant, property, machinery, and equipment at all locations.
- Complete repairs and routine maintenance in accordance with GMP, OSHA, and FDA standards.
- Ensure assigned staff complies with GMP, OSHA, and FDA standards.
- Work cooperatively with production staff to accomplish tasks and achieve departmental goals.
- Work cooperatively with outside vendors as required.
- Maintain property, plant, and equipment to support and improve the safe production and performance of operations.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and resolve mechanical issues efficiently, effectively, safely, and cost-effectively.
- Ensure all shift requirements for data collection and reporting are done efficiently and as requested.
- Establish a positive and supportive relationship with all maintenance team members.
- Ensure shift to shift maintenance issues/tasks/assignments are communicated.
- Lead and/or participate in Continuous Improvement teams to improve production efficiencies and/or equipment reliability.
- Maintain and review team member schedules and timekeeping to ensure accuracy.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems of production equipment through personal observations, maintenance programs and operator feedback and plans and takes corrective actions. Walk the floor to review work or equipment in action. Review work plan for variances.
- Coordinate tasks, critiquing on-going and finished work, sets priorities and other responsibilities as authorized. Generates follow-up work orders from off conditions noted on Preventative or Emergency Maintenance where a repair cannot be correctly completed.
- Generates follow-up work orders from work lists.
- Reviews Break Down Analysis and suggest plan of action or recommendation to root cause.
- Provides support to the Capital Expenditure list; Including but not limited to execution of assigned capital projects. Provides recommendations to the capital list based on equipment reliability plan for area of responsibility.
- Develop Reliability Improvement Plan for area of responsibility.
- Maintains working relationship with Contractors and Vendors to maintain equipment reliability and keep abreast of equipment obsolescence and new technology. Maintain Vendor contact for sourcing and ordering materials and supplies for direct repair.
- Provide oversite and management on Maintenance Repair and Overhaul inventory levels for area of responsibility to meet financial objectives of the Facility. Including but not limited to providing inventory recommendations based on equipment Bill of Materials and Spare Parts List.
- Responsible for maintaining skills flexibility matrices and training of maintenance mechanics. Develops resident subject matter experts.
- Support proactively all EH&S procedures and policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. as single person lift
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Operating production and support equipment (production lines, forklifts, scissor lift, power tools)
- Bending and stooping
- Extended periods of being on your feet.
- 5-year production equipment maintenance experience.
- Experience supervising maintenance staff.
- Extensive mechanical and electrical training and experience.
- Organizational, interpersonal, communications, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
This is a full-time, salary position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan with generous employer match. Some weekend work to be required. Standard hours estimated to be 3pm-1am.
Please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to [email protected].
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer