Production Supervisor (Second Shift)
Silva International Careers
We are seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to lead (coach) production teams. Responsibilities include the efficient production of high-quality product in a Dehydrated Vegetable processing facility while ensuring Employee Safety, Food Safety and Quality standards are paramount. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for coaching and empowering Employees to hit department key performance indicators while promoting (and leading by example) a culture of integrity and respectfulness.
Successful candidate will have experience facilitating pre-shift production meetings and experience in food manufacturing with some familiarity with inventory management. Successful candidate will also be a team player, have solid interpersonal skills, and thrive in a continuous improvement environment. Standard hours to be 3:00pm-1:00am.
- Supervise, lead, coach and mentor a team of 10-20 employees.
- Utilize lean principles to implement continuous improvement methodologies to make improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Ensure quality product is being produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and down time.
- Facilitate pre-shift meetings and short interval control meetings with Employees.
- Manage, evaluate and train staff by coaching, conducting performance appraisals, administering corrective action, training and development by on-the-job programs.
- Coordination of production scheduling with Production Schedulers and Production Superintendent
- Ensure Label Control in Production Rooms.
- Manage Screen, Impeller, Stitch Yarn, Sieve Screens and Packaging materials inventories.
- Maintain and / or verify all required production documentation.
- Monitor Production Schedules to ensure raw material is available and staged prior to production room demand.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report production rates and ingredient quality.
- Manage production facility to “audit ready” standards.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prefer college degree or coursework.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Prefer experience with Six-Sigma and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. with single person lift
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Bending and stooping
- Extended periods of time being on your feet
This is a full-time, salary position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan with generous employer match.
To apply, please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to [email protected].
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer