Quality Assurance Supervisor
Silva International Careers
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is ultimately responsible for conducting verification and maintenance of the food safety and quality systems, supervising quality plant personnel, supporting/leading relevant regulatory food safety focused audits, and more.
- Conduct verification and maintenance of the food safety and quality systems, hazard analysis and sanitation processes, prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment and finished product.
- Collaborates with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary.
- Supervise Quality plant personnel across multiple shifts.
- Ensure adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Support/lead relevant regulatory food safety focused audits.
- Act as a food safety team leader within the plant, assist the food safety team by supporting the food safety management system.
- Assist in the management of the food safety management system compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Investigate and follow up on food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are properly reported and ensure corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Report Monthly/Weekly Quality metrics to staff and Management.
- Manage and report on the held product inventory.
- Coordinate and train employees in Quality-related processes, procedures, and refresher training.
- Supervise Quality employees at Mechanic and Franklin facilities, ensuring employees are properly supervised, trained, encouraged and productive.
- Manage Quality employee time off requests, scheduling, disciplinary action, performance reviews, and employee engagement in coordination with Quality Management and HR.
- Assistance to the QA Director/Manager regarding any special needs that may arise.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager which may not be reoccurring.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science or a related field
- Knowledge of food safety industry practices and standards
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office experience
- Experience GFSI auditing
- Experience working with ERP systems
- PCQI or HACCP Certification a plus
- ASQ Certification a plus
- Lean Six Sigma experience a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Standard manufacturing environment with some stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds as single-person lift
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Bending and stooping
- Extended periods of being your feet
- Pallet jack and forklift operation and certification
This is a full-time, salary position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan with generous employer match.
To apply, please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to [email protected].
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer