Silva International Careers
Silva is seeking a Sanitation Manager to oversee the sanitation and housekeeping activities across all shifts within our production facilities. The Sanitation Manager will be responsible to review, develop, and improve sanitation and housekeeping programs.
- Oversee the sanitation and housekeeping activities across all plants and shifts.
- Maintain facilities in accordance with audit ready standards.
- Ensure compliance and enforcement of all GMP, Food Safety and Plant Safety rules.
- Develop and Improve Sanitation and Housekeeping programs in coordination with Operations and Quality Management.
- Manage Housekeeping and Sanitation employees at two production facilities, ensuring employees are properly supervised, trained, encouraged and productive.
- Managing work schedules for Housekeeping and Sanitation employees.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain a system to document all daily Sanitation activities.
- Maintain and schedule the environmental cleaning activities of the plant.
- Work with Supervisor to ensure adequate floor stock of necessary plant sanitation supplies and placing timely requests with Parts Coordinator.
- Monitors chemical usage.
- Works with sanitation chemical suppliers to improve, reduce costs and develop SSOP’s and MOP’s for all sanitation activities.
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize room changeovers and room washdowns to reduce downtime while maintaining high quality standards.
- Audit and direct Room Production personnel to complete room cleaning/washing tasks as needed.
- Review and establish cleaning goals for dry/wet cleans.
- Maintain clean and safe working environments at Silva Plants.
- Ensure trash and recyclables are continually removed from floor and properly disposed of via compactors, dumpsters, bailers and trailers.
- Ensure completion of daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cleaning tasks for plant, common areas, plant offices, restrooms, breakrooms, trash collection, and recyclables occur.
- Coordinate identified repairs to Facility Supervisor.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs as single person lift
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Bending and stooping
- Extended periods of being on your feet
- 5 years managing and leading sanitation and/or housekeeping personnel.
- Administrative, organizational, interpersonal, leadership, communications, attentiveness to detail, and problem-solving skills required.
- Able to work irregular or extended hours as needed to support large projects.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
- Strong project/team management capabilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Forklift Certification.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan with generous employer match, and an employee gift-matching program.
To apply, please upload a resumé online or send a resumé to [email protected].
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer