Silva International Careers
- Process small package shipments, verify cartons are suitable for shipment.
- Assist Supervisor with Scheduling of outbound trucks.
- Maintain daily shipment schedules for loading of trucks.
- Ensure seals are assigned to proper shipments and that paperwork and seal are provided to the loader.
- Obtain freight quotes for sales department.
- Assist Shipping Supervisor to resolve any discrepancies on shipping documentation or available quantities.
- Assist drivers at the pick-up window with BOL processing, International documents, directions etc. and ensure they follow proper safety procedures.
- Assist with Dock time scheduling.
- Complete advance shipment notifications.
- Coordinate Customer order pick-ups to reduce dock jambs.
- Scan custom documents for carriers and customers.
- Manage all shipping paperwork including filing, coping, and maintaining logs.
- Print labels for shipping department as needed.
- Answer phone and provide assistance.
- Assist Manager with Scheduling of outbound trucks.
- Assist Manager to resolve discrepancies.
- Order office supplies and keep adequate stock on hand including UPS & FED EX.
- General housekeeping of the shipping office.
- Compliance to all GMP, Food Safety and Plant Safety rules.
- Perform other tasks which may not be reoccurring.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. as single person lift.
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.).
- Bending and stooping.
- Extended periods of being on your feet.
This is a full-time, hourly position (standard hours of 9am-6pm) with benefits package that includes paid vacation, health insurance, dental, vision, and 401k retirement plan with generous employer match.
To apply to join our team, please upload a resume online or send a resume to [email protected].
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet Employer