We are seeking a detail-oriented individual looking for an opportunity as a full-time hourly accounting clerk. Responsibilities include customer payment processing and posting, vendor invoice processing for domestic and international vendors, document validation and review, obtain invoice approvals, GL account coding, data processing, reporting, and vendor payment processing to ensure accurate and timely payments.
Ideal candidates will have accounting experience, strong written and verbal communication, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP software.
- Process and post customer payments and credits.
- Record all vendor invoices into the ERP System to proper GL accounts and scan supporting documents into PO docs file.
- Obtain appropriate support documentation, including approval on quantity, cost and payment authorization for all vendor invoices.
- Process foreign raw material vendor invoices and provide vendors with payment confirmation.
- Monitor PO system for POs received not vouchered.
- Prepare weekly check disbursement report, issue approved payments, mail payments and supporting documentation, and post all electronic and check disbursements to ensure timely payment of invoices.
- Prepare raw material invoices for payment, provide vendors with proof of payment.
- Communicates with vendors to resolve billing issues.
- Provide AP and AR Aging and Reconciliation Reports.
- Maintain vendor files including applications for credit, W-9s and Certificates of Insurance from service providers.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
- Standard office environment.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Detail orientated, organized, proficient in use of Excel, Word, and ERP Software.
- Professional written and verbal communication.
Candidates will need an associate’s or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Environmental Health & Safety or related field. OSHA Certification and bilingual (Spanish) skills are preferred, along with strong personal, verbal, written, organizational, and communicative skills.
Benefits include paid vacation, group health insurance, vision, dental and 401K retirement plan.
Please upload a resumé online, send a resumé to [email protected] or Silva International, Inc., 523 N. Ash Street, Momence, IL 60954 or call 815-472-3535 x59.